Fun in the Kitchen for your little chef’s !
Options for baking: Either make little pies or make little pizzas, or decorate individual birthday cakes or do it all if your ambitious and brave!
- Chef Hats and Aprons for each child
- Badges that say; Most colorful, craziest, funniest, adorable, red, blue, orange, scary, happy
(anything you can think of so everyone can get an award)
- Paint pens and misc. buttons, sequins, flowers, etc. for decorating hats and aprons.
- Table, rolling pin, flour, pre made pie dough
- Mini pie tins, pie filling, diced apples, etc.
- Cinnamon & sugar, cookie cutters
- Mini pizza pans, sauce, pepperoni, ham, sausage, pineapple, peppers, onions, mushrooms, mozzarella cheese, etc
- Store-bought short cakes, icing, decorating tubes, sprinkles. Etc
Have each guest decorate their hat, give prizes for BEST HAT decorating (think of something unique to each child for their prize)
Have each guest decorate aprons, give prizes for BEST APRON decorating (think of something unique to each child for their prize)
Have each guest make a mini pie
- Roll out premade dough; place in mini pie tin, add fruit, little sugar, little cinnamon –
- Be creative for pie crust – use cookie cutters, make a lattice top, etc. Bake at 375 degree for about 15 minutes.
- Alternative: Use vegetables and make mini pot pies (this one would take longer to bake)
- Other Alternative: Have each guest make a mini pizza
- AND/OR …………
Have guest bake and decorate cakes
- Decide if you want to bake cupcakes or a large cake to cut into portions for guest to decorate
- Have bowls of frosting in a few different colors available
- Also fun, are decorating tubes filled with frosting, sprinkles and candies.
You can serve a snack or meal while pies, cakes or pizza’s are baking –
For take home : Take each guest hat (use as goody bag) fold their apron and place in hat, add mini baking utensils (mini rolling pins, measuring spoons, spatula, timer, wisk, etc)